Planning A Destination Wedding
A destination wedding is a wedding occasion that is away from your home town in a special and romantic location of your choice. Recently, more destination weddings are held in different places for different reasons known to the couple but mostly because they want a casual and fun environment to mark their big day. You get to kick off those heels and wear your flip flops or even go barefoot. Having a destination wedding means you get to spend a few more days with your guests and even check some things off your bucket list. Here are a few dos and don’ts you need to know when planning a destination wedding you’ve envisioned with all the beautiful sceneries surrounding you.
1. Know yourselves: Knowing yourselves will help you determine the perfect place for your nuptial’s ceremony. Think about why you want a destination wedding and ask yourself, is there a country special to you and your partner? What type of venue do you envision? Will the weather condition be practical? Do you want an adventurous spot or a quiet and secluded, romantic spot? Are you eloping or do you want to show relatives and close ones around? Places such as Taormina are perfect places for your guests to have the most incredible holiday. This will help you with making your choice.
2. Visit ahead of time: When the location or destination is determined, you have to visit ahead of the ceremony. Go scout the place out and see if it fits what you want. Schedule time for multiple locations in case the one you desire doesn’t work out. A great excuse to go on holiday too!
3. Hire a professional wedding planner: You can hire and go along with a wedding planner to the location. Don’t assume you can organize it all by yourself. You will also need a professional photographer to capture you as well as all the beauty around you. During Mark + Megans Tuscany Wedding in Poppi they hired professional wedding planner Gio of Accent Events and where not disappointed.
4. Choose a location that covers all your events: You could choose a location where you can have a ceremony and honeymoon together.
5. Create a wedding website: A wedding website goes a long way in helping you update your guests on progress, location, and other minor information they will need. This will help you keep guests informed to make things easier, and so they don’t feel left out.
6. Inform your guests on time: It is very important to make sure your guests are aware of the date, time and venue way ahead of time. This will give them enough time to clear their schedules.
7. Do local deals: Doing some local deals can also help in savings involved in the unequal exchange of monetary value. You can have some local cash in hand or a tour credit card that has international access and can be used overseas. For Jo and Marks wedding that I shot as their Lake Como Wedding Photographer they sourced their flowers locally near the venue though took me as their photographer.
I like your suggestion to make sure all guests have the time and venue information as early as possible so they can make room in their schedules. My sister is engaged to be married late this summer and wants to find a wedding package in a scenic location near the ocean. Thanks for sharing this advice I can pass along to ensure the wedding is as stress-free as possible for her!
nice article shared.
Its really an informative post! thanks for sharing
Informative post! thanks for sharing.
I appreciated how this post mentioned that it is necessary to visit the destination ahead of the ceremony. My friend is planning a destination wedding to make it memorable. I should advise her to hire a company that provides destination wedding entertainment to make it more unforgettable.
I like your suggestion to make sure all guests have the time and venue information as early as possible so they can make room in their schedules . It gives more information just
Check the below website for more blog
Hope you did well. I’m in college and writing a project assignment in regard to a destination wedding photography plan.
In the assignment, I’m required to fill up the cost of the package if the couple is seeking an onboard pre-wedding photo album and local wedding ceremony photographic.
I’m not deciding where will be a couple of destination scenarios yet but ideally somewhere in Europe. If you could provide me a template of the price list that you guys will concern with that will be very helpful for me.
Hope you can help me with this and appreciate hearing from you soon. Thank you and wish you a good day ahead.
Planning a destination wedding is an amazing way to celebrate your special day with family and friends. It takes a lot of preparation, but with careful planning and attention to detail, you can create an unforgettable experience for everyone involved. Start by researching potential locations and securing any necessary permits or paperwork. Then, begin to make arrangements for the ceremony, reception, and other festivities. Lastly, ensure that all guests are informed of the details early on so they have time to make travel plans.
Planning a destination wedding requires much more time, effort, and resources than an average wedding. However, with careful planning and research, couples can create a unique, memorable experience. Take the time to consider all aspects of the destination before making any decisions. Think about the location that best suits you and your partner’s personality and needs. Finally, be sure to consult with professionals who are experienced in planning destination weddings in order to ensure that all goes smoothly.